- “When a British policeman is found murdered in a locked room on the tiny paradise island of Sainte-Marie, Detective Inspector Richard Poole is sent to investigate. He's the perfect man to solve the case. Unfortunately for Richard, he hates sun, sea and sand...”
Detective Inspector Richard Poole from the London Metropolitan Police is sent to the beautiful Caribbean island of Saint Marie following the death of Detective Inspector Charlie Hulme in the locked panic room of a resident English aristocrat's house. In the face of the problems of sun, sand and lost luggage, Richard must solve the case. He quickly becomes annoyed by the leisurely pace of island life, as well as the working methods of the local Honoré Police Station personell.
A party is held at the house of James and Sarah Lavender, Lord and Lady Salcombe, when a gunshot is heard. Soon after an alarm starts. The panic room has been locked. The police are called to open the room. Sergeant Lily Thomson enters the room, comes out again and orders butler Lawrence to call an ambulance. When Lily, James and Sarah re-enter the room, they find Detective Inspector Charlie Hulme shot dead.
Detective Inspector Richard Poole is sent to Saint Marie to investigate the crime.
Hulme was investigating James Lavender for people smuggling while carrying on an affair with James' wife, Sarah.
After James Lavender is also killed, Poole discovers the identity of a mystery woman at the Lavender house to be local police officer Detective Sergeant Camille Bordey and with help of his team, Officers Dwayne Myers and Fidel Best, solves the case.
- Richard Poole (at the lost luggage desk): What time do you open in the morning?
- Daphné: O-sixhundred hours, Sir.
- Richard Poole: Then I'll call you at O-six-O-one.
- Richard Poole: Is it always this hot?
- Lily Thomson: No. Sometimes it's a lot hotter.
- Ben Miller as Detective Inspector Richard Poole
- Sara Martins as Detective Sergeant Camille Bordey
- Danny John-Jules as Officer Dwayne Myers
- Gary Carr as Officer Fidel Best
- Don Warrington as Commissioner Selwyn Patterson
- Sean Maguire as Marlon Collins
- Lenora Crichlow as Sergeant Lily Thomson
- Hugo Speer as Detective Inspector Charlie Hulme
- Karl Collins as Lawrence
- Coralie Audret as Sarah Lavender, Lady Salcombe
- Rupert Graves as James Lavender, Lord Salcombe
- Laurence Joseph as Daphné
- Dominik Bernard as Bank Manager
- Sunday Shining performed by Finley Quaye
- Storm Shine Mix performed by Alpha and Horace Andy
- I Shot The Sheriff performed by Bob Marley and The Wailers
- Balla Daffe performed by Orchestra Baobab
- Baddest Ruffest performed by Backyard Dog
- Baby I Love You performed by Carl Dawkins
- A Loving Melody performed by Tommy McCook and The Aggrovators
- Denham Town performed by Winston and George
- Top Rank performed by Sly Dunbar
- Coumba performed by Orchestra Baobab
- House of Fun performed by Madness
- Arriving in Paradise at bbc.co.uk
- "English Detective Roams the Caribbean" BBC Trailer for this episode
- Arriving in Paradise at imdb.com
To improve this article, discuss it on the Talk page.
|Death in Paradise|
Arriving in Paradise
Wicked Wedding Night
Missing a Body?
Spot the Difference
An Unhelpful Aid
Music of Murder
Series 1 • Series 2 • Series 3 • Series 4 • Series 5 • Series 6 • Series 7 • Series 8 • Series 9 • Series 10
- Referred to as "Death in Paradise" by some broadcasting stations.
- BARB, 7 day data